March 22, 2022
(PRESS RELEASE) — Circa Resort & Casino, the first new downtown Las Vegas resort in four decades, will open 35,000 square feet of meeting and convention space in September. When the property opened in late 2020, it changed the downtown landscape with unrivaled amenities and architecture. The opening of its new event space marks the next phase in Circa’s evolution and offers a whole new option for planners looking for a high-end, bustling Las Vegas experience off the Strip.
“As meetings and conventions make a comeback in Las Vegas, we are thrilled to introduce our stunning new event spaces to meet this moment,” said Derek Stevens, CEO of Circa. “Since opening, we have worked tirelessly to meet this next phase of growth and deliver a remarkable experience for meeting planners and attendees. Deep down inside, we love throwing a big event, and we’ve thought of every detail to help you do it on any scale, with our resort as your backdrop.
Available for immediate booking at the downtown Las Vegas casino resort, the property will offer groups premium audio and visual capabilities, customizable spaces for groups of up to 1,000 guests and guest services leading. For an overview of Circa’s meeting and event spaces, click here.
Circa’s meeting and convention offerings will include a ballroom, breakout rooms and banquet space, adjacent pre-function space and a robust 1,600 square foot outdoor terrace. Arranged to complement Circa’s art deco and mid-century modern design motifs, the spaces were designed by JCJ Architecture with Steelman Partners’ original design concept.
Circa spaces will be outfitted with the latest technology for easy, on-site functionality. Special environmental measures have been put in place and include LED lighting and smart, adaptive HVAC systems that adjust temperatures as ecosystems change.
The facilities will also house state-of-the-art audio and visual capabilities and will include 16K LU laser projectors, retractable screens, audio trunks, patchable Ethernet trunks, pairwise patchable single-mode fiber strands on LC connectors, sockets quads, LED screens and more.
Customizable meeting spaces
With adaptability and customization in mind, all spaces have been planned for multiple seating configurations and combinations to exceed the needs of meeting planners. Continuing Circa’s tradition of honoring Las Vegas history, each of the five main meeting spaces are named after iconic Las Vegas motels from eras past:
– Galaxy: Circa’s largest meeting space, Galaxy shares its name with the short-lived Galaxy Motel. Four adjoining meeting rooms will offer 14,456 square feet of space and a 1,677 square foot outdoor terrace overlooking the city. The Galaxy Ballroom has been designed to accommodate a multitude of events with a large LED screen, integrated audio visual capabilities, full rigging and a partition that opens the ballroom to pre-function spaces.
– Starlite: Opened in the 1950s and still in operation today, Starlite became popular due to its star-themed rooms during the height of the space age. This space comprises 3,572 square feet of space spread over three rooms and includes built-in audiovisual equipment, full rigging and access to pre-function spaces.
– Carousel: Circa sits on the site that once housed the Carousel, a casino where patrons could dine on an assortment of delicacies for 96 cents. Meeting spaces offer 1,651 square feet across three rooms and feature an integrated audiovisual system and access to pre-function spaces.
– Ambassador: Beginning as apartments in the 1930s and remaining open as a motel until 2007, the vintage Ambassador sign can still be seen at the Life is Beautiful festival in downtown Las Vegas. Circa’s two Ambassador meeting spaces can be booked together for a total of 1,055 square feet with integrated AV and access to pre-function spaces.
– La Concha: Described as “The Jetsons Meet Coffee,” La Concha Motel was built on a shoestring budget and remained open for 45 years. Circa’s La Concha room has 920 square feet of space and features built-in audiovisual capabilities and access to pre-function areas.
– Bonanza Office: The Bonanza Office is named after the iconic Bonanza Casino, which is now Bally’s on The Strip. The hard-walled office space includes 192 square feet of private space.
Sasha Lee, Circa’s Director of Sales, said, “In addition to our new meeting spaces, planners can book events across the resort in creative spaces including the world’s largest sports betting venue; a year-round pool amphitheater; renowned chef restaurants and much more. We’ve worked to create a unique meeting experience, and our team of experts will help you create an event destination that allows businesses to work hard, and later, play hard.
Meeting options outside of the event space include the Circa Hotel Suites, 60th Floor Lounge, Restaurants and Entertainment Spaces:
– Suite Life: At 458 feet tall and 35 stories tall, the Circa Hotel Tower is the tallest building north of the Las Vegas Strip, offering breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Valley and surrounding mountains. With design elements that pay homage to vintage Vegas, rooms at Circa range from 439 to 1,830 square feet.
– Founder’s Suite: The largest of the rooms, the Founder’s Suite, features 1,830 square feet with two bedrooms, living room, dining area, wet bar, views of the Strip and is a unique meeting option within the circa collection.
– Hospitality Suite: Whether closing a deal or preparing for meetings, Hospitality Suites offer 1,612 square feet of space for a multitude of functions and feature a large dining table, a marble bar and lounges with a variety of seating options.
– Legacy Club: Located on the 60th floor of the Circa Hotel Tower, the 9,330 square foot indoor/outdoor Legacy Club offers extraordinary 360-degree views of Las Vegas and is complemented by an upscale lounge and expansive outdoor patio with fire pits and iconic artwork. The venue can accommodate 200 people seated or 400 people standing and can accommodate private and semi-private events.
– Vegas Vickie Cocktail Lounge: Circa’s elevated lobby lounge, Vegas Vickie’s, surrounds the iconic neon cowgirl sign itself. The space with a capacity of 130 people is perfect for cocktails only.
– World’s Largest Bookmaker: Circa is home to the world’s largest bookmaker, boasting a 78 million pixel screen capable of playing up to 19 matches at a time. The space has a viewing capacity of 1,000 people, a seating capacity of 350 in the stadium and is ideal for sports betting groups.
– Stadium Swim: The nation’s largest pool destination for sports fans, Stadium Swim is open year-round and features a 143-foot-diagonal screen that plays the biggest games of the day. The pool amphitheater can be rented out for semi-private events or full buyouts for groups of 4,000 people.
– Restaurants: Circa offers five unique dining experiences for newcomers to Vegas, from renowned chefs and restaurateurs, ideal for dining experiences before, after or during meetings:
- Barry’s Downtown Prime, Chef Barry S. Dakake’s first downtown venture has 17,000 square feet of space and can accommodate up to 350 guests. The restaurant can also customize experiences with floral and AV and has a floor plan that can be secluded or accommodate a large gathering;
- 8 East, Chef Dan Coughlin’s first Pan-Asian restaurant features a private dining room for 16 and offers a cutting-edge take on Pan-Asian cuisine;
- Chef Rex Bernales’ Project BBQ, is Caroline’s first permanent food truck and barbecue on the Fremont Street Experience and features a front yard in the heart of the downtown entertainment scene that seats 50 people;
- Victory Burger & Wings Co. by Chris Sotiropoulos and Grace Keros of American Coney Island, features a secluded 15-person gazebo overlooking the world’s largest sports betting site. Their menu features mouth-watering burgers, wings, and appetizers; and
- Detroit’s Saginaw’s Delicatessen Restaurateur Paul Saginaw is home to a deli that serves specialty deli meats, all-day breakfast, and world-famous sandwiches so big you’ll need two hands to eat them.
A full kitchen will be dedicated to Circa’s convention space, serving up delicious food and beverage experiences to turn any event into an unforgettable occasion.