The Investigator and the Mirror
(May 2, 2022) The staff of The Investigator and the Mirror won 18 awards in the New England Newspaper and Press Association’s 2022 Better Newspaper Competition.
The awards were presented Saturday at NENPA’s annual convention at the Rennaissance Waterfront Hotel in Boston.
• First Place: Dean Geddes, Human Interest Reporting
• First place: John Stanton, environmental reports
• First Place: Sports Section, Dean Geddes and Staff
• First place: Peter Halik, audience building promotion
• First place: personal, local display ad, black and white
• Second Place: Staff, General Editorial Excellence
• Second place: staff, publicity, general excellence
• Second place: nantucket today, Best Niche Publication, John Stanton, Editor; Peter Halik, Artistic Director
• Second Place: Brian Bushard, Human Interest Reporting
• Second Place: Dean Geddes, General Reporting
• Second Place: John Stanton, Science and Technology Report
• Second Place: Kevin Stanton, Chris Tran, Most Creative Use of a Space Classified Ad
• Runner Up: Personal, Online & Virtual Events, Halloween at Home
• Third place: Brian Bushard, Nicole Harnishfeger, Spot News Story
• Third Place: Dean Geddes, Education Reports
• Third place: Mary Sharpe, Chris Tran, Best Integrated Campaign for an Advertiser
• Third place: Personal, Contest, “Get off the rock”
Marianne Stanton, writer and editor of I&M, also received the Yankee Quill Awarda lifetime achievement award recognizing those who have had a great positive influence both inside and outside the newsroom during their career.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our digital edition
Subscribe to SMS alerts